Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Prichsenstadt!
650 Jahre Stadtrecht
|Bildgestaltung Ingrid B. Mehlert|
Happy Anniversary, Prichsenstadt!
650 years of City Rights
Charles IV (German: Karl IV.: 14 May 1316 – 29 November 1378), was a King of Bohemia and the first King of Bohemia to also become Holy Roman Emperor. In the year 1367, on the 6th of January, he granted city rights to the village “Briesendorf”, which name changed to “Prichsenstadt”. Since that day, Prichsenstadt owned certain privileges that places without city rights did not have, for example city walls (the right to erect a defence wall around an inhabited area) or market right (the right to hold markets and receive income from them).
The coat of arms of the historical city and municipality of Prichsenstadt: divided shield, on the left a white tower with a blue background and on the right side a crowned white Lion on a red background.